Your privacy is very important to us!
Because we gather information about you, you need to know:
· The kinds of information we collect and why we collect it;
· How we use that information; and
· How you can update that information or limit or control how it is used.
Please take some time to read through this policy carefully, so you can understand how our practices relate to your personal information. We’ve tried to keep the language simple, but if you have any questions regarding your privacy here at Sci-fi Visionaries, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org
If we would like to use your information for any purpose other than as described in this policy we request your consent before doing so.
Users must grant permission for our app to access personal information, including the current location, calendar, contact information, reminders, and photos.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you up to date on our latest product announcements, software updates, and services. You may at any time opt out of receiving such communications by contacting us. In particular, we only send you our newsletter with your prior consent, and you can opt out of receiving the newsletter anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link we include in each newsletter, or by contacting us.
- We also use the personal information we collect to help us create, develop, deliver, protect, and improve our products, services, content, and customer communications.
- We may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. As this information is important to your interaction with Cultured Code, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
What information do we collect?
We collect information to help gain a better understanding of the science fiction and fantasy industry, your needs and requirements as a part of your product order on our website and which are the most popular aspects and most visited areas of our website, so that we can consistently work on improving our services.
Specifically, the following:
Personal information: When signing up or contacting us via our contact or booking form – full name, email address, home address, phone number, and date of birth.
Device Information: We collect information about the devices you use to access our Service, such as hardware settings, browser type, language settings, the date and time
Log Information: When you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, which automatically record certain information when you use our Service, including the following:
details about how you have used our Service, such as your search queries;
- your IP address, which is the number assigned to an Internet connected device such as a tablet or smartphone and used to identify the geographic location of that device; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and collect information about how our visitors interact with our Service, as well as help us identify problems such as error messages from certain pages. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or other device when you visit our Service. When you visit our Service any time thereafter, the cookie allows our Service to recognize your browser and to store information about your user preferences and other personal information.
- Location information. When you visit our Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5), which allows for data to be stored on a browser even after the browser has been closed and the reopened, and application data caches, which allow for data to be stored on your device, enabling an application to run without an Internet connection and to load content faster.
- Collection and Storage technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you access the Sci-fi Visionaries service, and this may include using cookies or other technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you access our Service and interact with the content and products and services we offer, such as advertising services.
How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information in the following ways.
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
We do not store any of your personal information on our website, but stored securely on our private servers and third party newsletter software MailChimp.
The App should only request access to data relevant to the core functionality of the app and should only collect and use data that is required to accomplish the relevant task. Where possible, use the out-of-process picker or a share sheet rather than requesting full access to protected resources like Photos or Contacts.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you use the Application.
When you first login to authenticate yourself we provide a unique Authentication token which is automatically stored on your device. This information is subsequently used by the Application when you use it to identify your device.
When do we share personal data?
We treat personal data confidentially and only share your personal data with companies who are in working partnership with Sci-fi Visionaries in relation to or for the benefit of your product/service order with us, such as printers, couriers and photographers.
Currently No 3rd parties will have access to any data we gather. However if any do in the future, they will be obligated to take equally good care of your users’ data as you do.
How Your Users Can Delete Their Data
You can request the deletion of your personal information by by emailing us at email@example.com
Opting in and out
As a valued customer, we always want to keep in touch and share our latest news with you, however, you have the right to opt out of receiving any more information from us.
You can click the unsubscribe button in our newsletters or can request your details be removed, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org